Tandoori Chicken is the most popular and in demand dish for non vegetarian lovers. Traditionally it is made by roasting marinated chicken in a type of cylindrical clay oven called Tandoor.Chicken pieces are first marinated in a mixture of yogurt and spices and kept for 5 to 6 hours before roasting.
My family loves Tandoori Chicken so I decided to make it at home. I searched for many recipes of Tandoori chicken but finally loved Chef Sanjay Thumma’s Recipe . I mixed and matched his and my own ideas and here is the final result. Roasting with celery sticks give this recipe a new look and flavor.
Chicken legs-5 (you can take any pieces)
Hung Curd or Yogurt-1 cup
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Deghi mirch or Paprika 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
Kasoori methi powder-1/2tbsp
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces with a kitchen towel.
- Make slits in the chicken using knife. Now take half lemon and squeeze out its juice in bowl. Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and some salt in it.
- Rub this mixture all over the chicken and keep this aside for 30 minutes.
- For marinating the chicken mix yogurt, ginger garlic paste, lime juice, salt red chilli powder and turmeric powder and add oil in it.
- Take chicken pieces and marinate it in this mixture. Keep this in fridge for about 5 to 6 hours. Remember the more you marinate the more flavors will be induced into it.
- Preheat the oven at 450 degree F. Grease your baking tray with oil. Make a bed of celery sticks on it.
- I like placing celery sticks under the chicken as it helps in draining out the excess water and fat from the chicken .also Celery when baked becomes very tasty and I love to eat it with chicken.
- Put the chicken pieces over the celery sticks and drop some oil drops over each piece as well as celery sticks. Sprinkle some salt over the sticks (OPTIONAL)
- Bake the chicken for about 40 minutes flipping after 20 minutes. Keep checking the chicken in between. If you feel that chicken is not cooked you can increase the time also.
- Take out the tray from the oven and place celery sticks on the platter first, Put Tandoori chicken over and around the sticks. Sprinkle the Dry masala over it and drop some lime juice as well. Serve with chutney and onion rings and enjoy this!
1.Make sure that Chicken is dry. If it is wet the masala doesn’t sticks to the chicken.
2.You can also put carrots, capsicum, tomatoes as a bed for chicken.
3.The same marination can be used for Paneer, Mushroom, potatoes…any kind of roasted tikkas.
Cook,eat and enjoy.
Vermicelli Upma is a simple, healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe. This recipe is full of bright vegetables which makes it a feast for the eyes. I also add chana daal and urad daal so in this way adding up more nutrition in the form of protein.
It is easy on the stomach, high in fiber and nutrition and low in calories. My kids love to eat vermicelli and I call it mini Maggie in front of them. Keeping them in Lunch box is a good choice as they fulfill both vegetable and grain choice. Today I packed Vermicelli Upma, apple cubes, yogurt, and tomato chutney. Here is the recipe for vermicelli Upma.
Roasted Vermicelli- 2 cups
Chopped onions-1 cup
chopped capsicum-1/2 cup
chopped mix veggies-1cup
Chopped ginger-1 inch
hing-a pinch of
chopped green chillis-2
chana daal- 1tbsp
Salt to taste
- Put oil in a Non stick kadai or pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add Hing, chana daal and urad daal and fry them for atleast 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onions and sauté till their colour changes a little bit. Now add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Now add potatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes
- Then add all the rest veggies, and sauté for another 5 minutes
- Now add 4 cups of water and salt and boil the mixture .
- Now add Vermicilli and stir it. Cover the pan with lid for 5 minutes on low flame till the vermicelli is cooked. Open the lid and stir again and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Finally transfer the vermicelli into a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with chutney or as it is.
- Enjoy this very delicious recipe with your family.
Notes- You can also add lemon juice after serving
Cook and enjoy,
Ladoos are an all time favourite Indian sweet and specially kids love to eat ladoo’s. It is Tuesday again and it’s time for me to make sweets for Prasad,then why not ladoos this time.To save time I decided to give it a try in microwave.. and here is the result friends…Microwave sooji Ladoo…without condensed milk …they turned out super delicious and soft …and everyone at home loved them.
Here is the recipe
Sooji- 1/2 cup
cardamom or elaichi powder-1tsp
Powdered Sugar-1 cup ( Or more if you want more sweet)
Grated Coconut -1/4 cup
- Take a microwave safe bowl and heat it in microwave for 1 minute.
- Add cashews in it and microwave it on high for 1 minutes.
- Take the bowl out, stir and again microwave for 1 minutes
- Add Sooji in the same bowl and mix well. Place the bowl in microwave for 1 minute.
- Take the bowl out , and stir it and place it again in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Repeat this process at least 5 times (more or less depending on microwaves)..till sooji changes color slightly and starts giving roasted aroma…
- Take the bowl out and add Sugar in the mixture. place it again and microwave for 1 minute.
- Now add milk in the mixture and place in microwave for 1 minutes. Take it out and stir and put back again for 1 minute.
- Take out the bowl from the microwave. You will see that all the sooji is soaked by milk .
- Add the cashews and Cardamom powder to the mixture. let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread the mixture on a plate and let this cool. On cooling make ladoos and roll them in plate full of grated coconut.
If you are trying roasting Sooji first time in the microwave try to set the time for 30 seconds. Different Microwaves have different settings. Please check in between by taking out the bowl from the microwave to avoid sooji from burning.