Ladoos are an all time favourite Indian sweet and specially kids love to eat ladoo’s. It is Tuesday again and it’s time for me to make sweets for Prasad,then why not ladoos this time.To save time I decided to give it a try in microwave.. and here is the result friends…Microwave sooji Ladoo…without condensed milk …they turned out super delicious and soft …and everyone at home loved them.
Here is the recipe
Sooji- 1/2 cup
cardamom or elaichi powder-1tsp
Powdered Sugar-1 cup ( Or more if you want more sweet)
Grated Coconut -1/4 cup
- Take a microwave safe bowl and heat it in microwave for 1 minute.
- Add cashews in it and microwave it on high for 1 minutes.
- Take the bowl out, stir and again microwave for 1 minutes
- Add Sooji in the same bowl and mix well. Place the bowl in microwave for 1 minute.
- Take the bowl out , and stir it and place it again in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Repeat this process at least 5 times (more or less depending on microwaves)..till sooji changes color slightly and starts giving roasted aroma…
- Take the bowl out and add Sugar in the mixture. place it again and microwave for 1 minute.
- Now add milk in the mixture and place in microwave for 1 minutes. Take it out and stir and put back again for 1 minute.
- Take out the bowl from the microwave. You will see that all the sooji is soaked by milk .
- Add the cashews and Cardamom powder to the mixture. let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread the mixture on a plate and let this cool. On cooling make ladoos and roll them in plate full of grated coconut.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you are trying roasting Sooji first time in the microwave try to set the time for 30 seconds. Different Microwaves have different settings. Please check in between by taking out the bowl from the microwave to avoid sooji from burning.